AGA Festive Dinner Party Recipes
Stilton & Walnut Pate served with Granary Toasts
- 1 granary loaf – cut into thick slices then into fingers
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 225g stilton
- 125ml crème fraiche
- 50g chopped walnuts – roasted
- Mixed seeds and pomegranate to garnish
- For the pate: Beat the Stilton cheese in with the crème fraiche until smooth and creamy, stir in the chopped walnuts and place into the AGA Lidded Butter Dish and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Top with mixed seeds and pomegranate before serving
- To serve with granary toasts: place the bread fingers onto the AGA Portmerion White Roasting Tray drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Toast at the top of the roasting oven for 3-4 minutes until browned, alternatively bake (180c) until golden and crisp. These will keep for up to 5 days in an air tight container.
Fillet of Trout with a Woodland Mushroom & Almond Crust
- 1 large trout fillet
- 1 lemon
- 1 shallot
- Selection of woodland mushrooms about 125g
- 75g crushed or flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 75g fresh bread crumbs
- 1tsp flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- Finely chop the shallot and fry until soft add the chopped mushrooms and continue cooking for a minute, next stir in the vinegar and parsley then fold in the breadcrumbs add a little olive oil if the mixture is too dry.
- Place the trout fillet onto a lined baking tray and pile the breadcrumb mixture on top push it on firmly to form a crust.
- Place on the top runners of the roasting oven until the fish is cooked through and the crust is brown and crispy.
- Serve with a fennel, cabbage, red onion and carrot salad drizzled with a light vinaigrette of sherry vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice.
Chicken Cassoulet Style One Pot
- 4 fat pork sausages, twisted and cut into 2 smaller pieces each
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on or off as you prefer
- 100g bacon lardons or bacon, finely diced
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 – 3 sticks of celery, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 200ml stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 x 400g tin borlotti beans (approx 240g drained weight)
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans (approx 240g drained weight)
- 9 short sprigs of rosemary
- First prepare the sausages by gently twisting in the middle and cutting to make two shorter pieces from each sausage. Spear each one with a short sprig of rosemary. Next, brown the sausages, most easily done in the AGA roasting oven, on a tray on the top shelf, for 10 mins or so until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, put a AGA cast-iron casserole pan on the AGA boiling plate or on the floor of the AGA roasting oven and cook the chicken thighs, skin side down, to brown. Remove the chicken thighs once browned.
- Put the bacon lardons in to the pan and cook on the boiling plate until crispy. Add the sliced onion along with the whole garlic cloves, fennel seeds and finely sliced celery if using. Transfer to the AGA simmering plate or in the AGA roasting oven on the floor, and cook until soft and browned.
- Once browned place the pan on the AGA boiling plate, pour over the red wine vinegar, stir then and add the stock, tomato puree and a teaspoon of salt. Put the sausages and chicken into the pan, bring to a simmer then cover with a lid and cook in the AGA simmering oven for 90 mins.
- After 90 minutes stir and add the beans and a sprig of rosemary.
- To finish, remove the lid, taste and season then insert a rosemary sprig into 3 of the sausage pieces and serve.
Serve with a green salad and some crusty bread.
This dish is ideal to prepare in advance and reheat – traditionally it is heated and cooled three times to enrich the flavour and make a crust on the top. Suitable for freezing once completely cooked.